|Effective from May 2012
The following statement explains our policy in relation to the personal information we might collect about you during your use of the Website (www.apostrophebooks.com).
Information about us
The Website and its services are operated by Apostrophe Books Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”). We are registered in England & Wales under company number and have our registered office at Elms Farm, Upper Minety, Malmesbury, United Kingdom, SN16 9PR.
This policy covers the use of personal information that we may collect when you use the Website. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
During a visit to the Website, you may be asked to provide personal information (including your email address and name) when you fill in registration forms, submit comments to the Site, participate in message boardsor email us in order to receive or use specific services. Such services include, without limitation, competitions, special offers, direct marketing, promotions, newsletters and Fiction Fast-Track.
How Apostrophe Books might use your personal information
Apostrophe Books may use your personal information to:
- improve customer service and support;
- give better access to products/services of interest;
- inform you about the latest updates to the Website,announcements, products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- understand better your needs and provide you with better service;
- help you complete a transaction with us;
- enable you to share our content with others e.g. using an ‘Email a friend’ or ‘Share this’ functionality;
- conduct market research;
- communicate back to you; and
- personalise your visits to the Website to improve the services provided to you.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information and newsletters relating to our goods and services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or market research contact each time you receive a new item of information. We will never sell, rent, lease or give your personally identifiable information to others unless we have obtained your express permission or are required to do so by law.
We will keep a record of your details. If you sign up to our newsletters or leave any personal information during your use of the Website and our services, your details will not be passed on to third parties, unless:
- we are obliged to do so by applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information(this would include police investigations)
- we need to protect customer interests (such as legal liability); or
- in the event of asale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or re-organisation of our business. In such circumstances,you agree that we may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties.
Collection of other information
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and geographical location.
How we store your personal information
We may store your personal information on our systems for as long as your information remains on our systems.
Accessing your personal information
If you wish to review, receive copies of or remove the personal information we hold about you, change your marketing preferences or have any other privacy queries, please write to us (including full details of your request) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge a small administration fee (not exceeding the maximum permitted by law in England and Wales) in relation to fulfilling a request for access to personal information.